Director of photography, lighting cameraman, AV editor & photographer.
Jean Pierre has been working in the film & TV industry in Malta since 1993.
His passion for cinematography has led him to be heavily involved in a variety of documentaries, short and full length feature films for local & international release. He has also produced, co-produced and directed numerous music videos for top local award winning bands.
He successfully participated in a 10 day Master Class organised by the European Film Academy in Berlin delivered by acclaimed Swedish filmmaker Stefan Yarl in both Brandenburg & Berlin in 2006.
In November 2009, Jean Pierre has also gained the Distinction of Licentiate from the Malta Institute of Professional Photography.
He is an active member of the European Film Academy in Berlin and the Malta Institute of Professional Photography.
His first solo photographic exhibition was held at Palazzo De Piro, Mdina in June 2013. His second exhibition was a collaborative experiment with sculpture Derek Nice, writer Wayne Hill and architect Paul Gibson organised at the St James Cavalier Centre for Creativity in Valletta in January 2014. In June that year, the same show travelled to the Aldeburgh Cinema Galleries in East Anglia UK during the Aldeburgh International Arts Festival. His latest exhibition, InstruMental, was held at Palazzo De Piro in Mdina in April 2016.
Some of his latest work include:
- ‘Stone’ – Music video for local artist Sandrina Degabriele
- ‘Do I like you more in Christmas’ – Music video for local band The Crowns
- ‘Star Sign’ – Music video for award winning local band Airport Impressions
- ‘Simshar’ – The Movie – Behind the Scenes & Making-of features
- ‘The Runaway’ – Extended music video for local band Red Electrick
- ‘Home’ – Music video for local band ‘The Crowns’
- ‘Red Electrick – The Unplugged Sessions’ – A 62min Musical Entertainment Feature
- ‘Back in Time’ – Music video for Thomas Hedley
- ‘Walk With Me’ – Music video for the Award Winning local band Airport Impressions
- ‘Encounters / Inkontri’ – An artistic Cinematic & Photographic experimental project in collaboration with British artist Derek Nice & percussionist Renzo Spiteri.
- ‘Valletta – A living History’ 35min Docu-Drama screening daily in 7 different languages at The Embassy Cinema Complex in Valletta in June 2010.